Thursday 12 January 2017

Indoor Gardening ...January


With spring still a few weeks away, and the bulbs only just pushing through the cold, wet earth - it is always a pleasing thought that way back in the autumn you had the foresight to plant some bulbs in pots indoors to bring spring just a little closer.  As you can see the Tete a Tete Narcissus are coming along nicely; the Hyacinth are just beginning to flower as is the Amaryllis.  Crocus aren't far behind, but there will be quite a wait for the Bridal Crown Narcissus which have only just broken through.






Then, hopefully, when these pots are just about finished the bulbs in the ground should be well on their way and we can begin to look forward to the spring display in our gardens once more.  I don't know about you but I am ready for a bit of colour in the garden to brighten things up a bit.

Now is the time for a bit of armchair gardening too - going through your seed box,  thinking about which seeds to buy - which did well last year, which you won't bother with again etc.  I went looking for seed potatoes today but couldn't find the variety I wanted; also wondering whether it is too early to start sowing tomato seed on the windowsill.  Perhaps I am being a little too forward  but I just can't wait for the new gardening season to begin - OK take a deep breath and relax, it will all fall into place when the time is right.



1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting Elaine to see those green shoots and flashes of colour especially when the weather is so grim. I will be treating myself to some instant pots of bulbs this month and sorting through the seed boxes this weekend. My fingers are getting decidedly itchy now.

    ReplyDelete

If you have enjoyed reading this post why not leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...